- Requires understanding of race rules, people skills and a introductory level of experience with dog teams.
- Some trail guard positions require that the guards must ride in on snow-machines, ski or hike into somewhat remote places.
- Responsible for maintaining a clear trail for all teams and for providing assistance at the allowed levels for competitors.
Trail work support
• Requires ability to complete strenuous work outside.
• Responsible for maintaining trail conditions.
• Trail work is usually done on non-race days but volunteers are often needed on race day to address trail problems that can be alleviated with shovels, placement of barricades and so on.